I have watched this five times in the last 20 minutes.
1. I am sick.
I am also pregnant.
I’ve decided pregnant sick is the worst kind of sick, because a) I cannot take anything strong enough to treat my symptoms, b) I’m worried about the little kiwi, and c) I already feel kinda off because I’m growing a human being. Temporary solutions are going to involve hot tea for my throat, a little bit of caffeine for my headache, and hugging the humidifier that we just picked up at Bed Bath and Beyond.
2. That humidifier? $100 Sharper Image machine. We just picked it up for $20 because it was a display model, and one of the only ones left in the store. I call that a win.
3. We’re about to start remodeling our kitchen. May 9th, to be exact. We’ve been saving for a while, and we realized that if we didn’t do it before little one arrived, it might never get done. And it NEEDS to get done. Bad. I’m fairly certain the previous owners let their dogs use the kitchen drawers as a chew toy.
4. Speaking of the kitchen, our new microwave arrived today! Get this: it’s a drawer. Instead of having one built-in above the countertop, ours will be built in below. It’s still in the box, but we’ve decided it’s remarkable. We’re like the Jetsons.
5. On our way home from the doctor, we heard that Snoqualmie Pass was closed at exit 34. We live at exit 32, so ours is the last exit you can usually take when the pass is closed. The Pass is typically closed because they’re doing a controlled avalanche, but apparently the one today came unexpectedly. Skiers were trapped, a car got buried…and all of this resulted in a 3 mile traffic pile up. This never, ever happens. There are usually several semis parked on the shoulder, but this was unreal. We had to drive the last half mile on the shoulder just to get off the interstate.
6. I’m falling in love with this humidifier. I’ve been sitting by it for the last hour and a half, and it’s turned my dry, hacky cough into a slightly less painful wet, hacky cough.
7. At the moment, I’m quite irresistible.